Organization Development Specialist
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC., is seeking an Organization Development Specialist.
Job Summary: Collaborate with Strategic Partners, Organization Effectiveness colleagues, and Laboratory senior leaders to drive innovative and high-impact organization development programs and initiatives aligned with APL's strategic goals and vision. Design, develop, and implement/facilitate comprehensive solutions, training, and action plans to improve both organization and individual staff performance. Establish relationships with key members of the APL community to enhance the credibility and reach of the Talent Development function.
- Consult and work collaboratively with Laboratory senior leaders and Strategic Partners to design and implement comprehensive organization development programs and business solutions to positively impact performance and organizational strategic goals. Use HR data and analytical skills to drive business solutions. (60%)
- Design, develop, manage and facilitate innovative and effective learning solutions around leadership, onboarding, and performance coaching. Identify metrics and indicators to evaluate the success and value of solutions. (30%)
- Collaborate with Talent Development team members and Organization Effectiveness colleagues to align leading edge curriculum solutions to identified organization needs and systems. Coordinate the administration of contracts, websites, files, and archives related to developed products. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Organization Development, Psychology, Human Systems or related field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and experience leading innovative solutions in the field of learning, development, business solutions, and Human Resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of the latest leadership training and development theories.
- Able to develop strong working relationships, manage projects, facilitate change processes, and effectively communicate to achieve organizational goals.
- Understanding of ADDIE design principles and ability to design and deliver learning solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical decision-making, project management, group facilitation, innovative problem solving, prioritization, and internal consulting.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and experience in the use of online training solutions.
- Experience leading teams and/or managing others.
- Master's degree in Organization Development, Psychology, Human Systems or related field;
- Familiarity with coaching competencies; ability to and comfort with coaching leaders at various levels in the organization;
- Experience working with engineers and scientists in a technical environment, and evidence of successful consulting with these populations;
- Demonstrated ability to follow the ADDIE cycle and to apply current human performance theory.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top