Oracle Developer with Microsoft Experience
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Oracle Developer who also has experience with Microsoft tools.
Leveraging experience in Oracle, Microsoft, and Python, the correct applicant will join an experienced team supporting existing financial applications and participate in the transformation of the next generation of applications.
This position requires US Citizenship.
- Application support: Assist the team with day to day maintenance and support of same existing applications throughout the transition.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent years of professional work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on software analysis and development experience with knowledge and experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years of experience of support and maintenance of enterprise applications
- 5+ years of hands on developing applications using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Expertise in relational database design and architecture, including complex SQL, Stored Procedures, triggers and packages.
- Expertise in Multidimensional database design and architecture
- Experience performing work using software development, management and versioning tools - Jira, GIT, SVN, GForge, Visual Studio 2015,
- Experience with Financial Planning, Estimating, and Plans and Actuals Reporting applications
- Experience with integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse Architecture)
- Experience with agile methodologies
Special Working Conditions:
This is a 1-year Term Assignment.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top