Oracle Applications Administrator
Introduction: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking an Oracle Applications Administrator.
Job Summary: Perform Oracle ERP Applications and Database Administration in support of critical business services.
- Work within a team environment to manage the Oracle E-Business Suite middleware infrastructure, databases, associated components and applications. Duties include installing, configuring, patching and upgrading software, tuning and optimization, proactively monitoring and securing services. Operational support responsibilities involve troubleshooting, interoperability and root-cause diagnosis, performance analysis, migrating code, and applying changes. Seek opportunities to improve system performance and resiliency.
- Collaborate with software developers, analysts and service managers to understand business requirements for projects and operations, and make cogent recommendations. Work with vendors to resolve issues and apply maintenance. Participate in infrastructure and DBA teams. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships.
- Provide regular status updates and communications to teams and line management. Develop and maintain documentation related to installations, configurations, technical solutions and procedures relevant to the administration and maintenance of services. Initiate formal and informal knowledge sharing sessions within teams.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- B.S. in technology field or equivalent years of related professional work experience.
- 5 years technical experience supporting E-Business Suite, with recent experience administering version 12.1.x or greater.
- 5 years performing Oracle Database administration, with recent experience in version 11gR2 or greater.
- 3 years experience installing and maintaining software on a UNIX/Linux operating system
- Self-motivated to independently resolve complex multifaceted problems using current job knowledge, research data, and internal/external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills used to document analysis, share knowledge and deliver technical presentations to diverse audiences
- Able to comfortably support multiple simultaneous projects and responsibilities, and proactively obtain guidance on prioritization
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware, including WebLogic and OID/OAM
- Experience with scripting tools for automation
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager for monitoring, administering and optimizing applications and databases
Special Working Conditions (travel, working in closed areas, extended hours): Occasional Saturday morning and after-hours work is required to handle and/or complete critical work, in addition to participating in an on-call rotation every eight weeks.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: [Delete for internal posting] APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top