Operations Research Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about informing decision-makers by developing cutting-edge techniques?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a systems engineer to help us conduct a broad range of operational analyses focused on national security challenges. As a member of our team, you'll contribute to complex missions for U.S. national security components including the Armed Services, Special Operations, and national emergency support.
We at APL are passionate about building new and exciting solutions for our sponsors, and are committed to integrity and honesty. We strive to cultivate an environment of collaboration and teamwork, and highly value substance and innovation. At APL, you will be among creative thinkers, motivated problem solvers, and life-long learners that want to strengthen the safety and security of our country.
As a member of our team...
- You will contribute to operational analyses conduct operational mission related analysis and research
- You will develop capabilities-based perspectives, ideas, and requirements for defense organizations, commanders and staffs.
- You will participate in or support other sponsor related studies.
- You will present findings and conclusions to sponsors in both oral and written form.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Can work both independently and within a team on multiple, dynamic projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Are willing and able to occasionally travel, including local travel.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Possess an MS or PhD in a related technical field.
- Are familiar with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) methods.
- Have 2 years combined education and professional experience in operations planning, data and operations analysis, system architecture, modeling and simulation, and/or other experience related to systems engineering or operations research systems analysis.
- Hold an active Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI Clearance and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI Clearance.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top