Operations Analyst- Undersea Warfare
- Laurel, MD
Do you have experience investigating and solving complex issues, and conveying analysis to a variety of audiences?
Are you interested in applying your skills to complex problems supporting national security?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an operations analyst to provide technical contributions and leadership to support continued American undersea superiority. You'll be joining a hardworking team of analysts and operators who apply the latest technology to complex problems supporting the US Navy Sea Control Mission. We strive to foster an environment of collaboration while working on complex technical challenges that contribute to the security of the United States.
As an Operations Analyst for Undersea Warfare...
- Your primary responsibility will be to analyze and evaluate Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) of Undersea Warfare (USW) and Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platforms and sensors. These technical contributions may include problem definition, requirements and metrics development, system assessment, analyze mission success and document and present results.
- You will work with analysis team and systems experts to evaluate and optimize measures of performance and measures of effectiveness for USW and ASW systems. Evaluate factors such as system performance, logistic requirements, costs, operational impacts and potential concepts of operations. Document results in formal reports and annotated briefs for delivery to Department of Defense (DoD) sponsors.
- You will interact with DoD and or Navy personnel to facilitate task execution and work prioritization. Brief sponsor or DoD command staff on the results of the work. Participate in field tests or sea trials for USW or ASW platforms and sensors.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's Degree, with ten or more years of relevant operational/technical experience.
- Are technically and analytically oriented and possess strong analytical, operational, problem-solving and organizational skills and a proven ability to lead small teams.
- Have initiative, motivation, flexibility and interest in working in a team environment
- Are willing and able to travel (i.e.; occasional 2-3 day trips or week long tests) and are willing to work on a dynamic project and ability to prioritize a number of concurrent taskings.
- Are able to obtanin an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Masters degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or relevant technical discipline.
- Have demonstrated understanding of features and patterns in data that identify the characteristics and behaviors of systems or components.
- Have a current Top Secret security clearance.
- Have an understanding of potential adversary defensive and offensive capabilities.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top