Perform Oracle Applications and Database administration for Business Intelligence and reporting platforms, to enable the transformation of data systems that drive critical business decisions throughout our organization.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP.
Work within a team environment to manage business intelligence and reporting services, including Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) middleware infrastructure, Oracle BI Analytic Apps, databases and associated components. Duties include installing, configuring, patching and upgrading software, tuning and optimization, proactively monitoring and securing services. Operational support responsibilities involve troubleshooting, interoperability and root-cause diagnosis, performance analysis, migrating code, and applying changes. Seek opportunities to improve system performance, integration and resiliency.
- Collaborate with software developers, analysts and service managers to understand business requirements for projects and operations, and make cogent recommendations. Work with vendors to resolve issues and apply maintenance. Participate in applications infrastructure and Oracle DBA teams. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships.
- Provide regular status updates and communications to teams and line management. Develop and maintain documentation related to installations, configurations, technical solutions and procedures supporting the administration and maintenance of services. Initiate formal and informal knowledge sharing sessions within teams.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology field or equivalent years of related professional work experience.
- 3 years of experience administering OBIEE 11g or higher, including working knowledge of Informatica, DAC and ETL.
- 3 years of experience administering Oracle Database versions 11gR2 or higher.
- 3 years of experience installing and maintaining software on a UNIX/Linux operating system, including shell scripting competency.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware and WebLogic Server.
- Self-motivated to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex problems using current job knowledge, research data, and collaboration with internal/external resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong technical documentation.
- Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time-management skills, with high attention to details.
- Experience supporting information delivery platforms (Oracle Discoverer, Oracle BI Publisher, Microsoft SQL Server Analytics and Reporting Services, Denodo, Tableau, etc.)
- Working knowledge of BI and Data Warehousing methodologies and architectures
- Experience administering E-Business Suite 12.1.3 or higher
- Experience supporting and/or integrating with Oracle Internet Directory (OID) and Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager for monitoring, administering and optimizing applications and databases
Special Working Conditions:
Position is on-site at Laurel, MD location.
Occasional Saturday morning and after-hours work is required to handle and/or complete critical work, in addition to participating in an on-call rotation every eight weeks.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top