Networking Technologies Research Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you a curious,creative and innovative network technologies research engineer?
Do you want to find a job where youcan apply your expertise to new technologies and or non-traditional problemsets?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeing aNetworking Research Engineer who is motivated to create solutionsfor hardest national security challenges. You will be joining a team ofengineers who look at Internet Protocol, wireless networks and network design andarchitecture to apply to our Government, Military and National Health sponsors.We strive to foster an environment of collaboration, innovation and application…andwe would love to have you on our team!
As a Networking Technologies ResearchEngineer, you will:
· Lead the research, development andimplementation of modernized and/or innovative networking solutions to addressGovernment, Military and National Health challenges.
· Support architecture development,integration, and testing prototypes in operationally-realistic environments,working closely with sponsors to ensure mission success.
·Document work in formal technical reports and informalmemoranda. Present work to sponsors and the technical community.
· Engage in standards bodies or otherexternal communities and societies.
You meet our minimumqualifications for the job if you…
· Have a PhD incomputer science or related discipline with a focus on communications and networking.
· Have 5 yearsof demonstrated experience in the development of hardware and / orsoftware for networked systems.
· Have knowledge of andexperience with the data, network and transport layers of communication ornetworking systems, IPV4/6, TCP and other emerging protocols.
· Have demonstratedexcellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and demonstratedability to work as part of a multi-organizational team.
· Are highly skilled in expertisewith several of the following tools: Linux, Unix, C, C , Python, Java, MATLAB.
· Have the ability to obtain a DoDSecret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government securityclearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classifiedinformation. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimumrequirements if you …
- Have a PHD and 15 years of knowledge of andexperience in data networking and IP standards.
- Have experience with Project and/or Technicalmanagement of hardware, software, or systems integration teams.
- Have experience in applying MachineLearning/Artificial Intelligence techniques to networking problems.
- Hold a current Top Secret clearance with a SSBI.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top