Network Systems Engineer
Introduction: The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Network Systems Engineer for government applications.
Job Summary: Serve as a networking focused Systems Engineer performing strategy development and network analysis for government sponsors. Conduct systems engineering activities, including concept and use case development, requirements capture, architectural design, analysis, integration, testing, and evaluation.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Develop network strategy for sponsor enterprise and/or tactical networks, including network analysis (25%)
- Design and assess future network architectures aimed at providing robust, scalable, virtualized resources, cloud and SDN infrastructures and orchestration technologies, and cyber security solutions. (50%)
- Work with stakeholders and vendors to develop, deliver, and publish system engineering related documents and presentations using known DoD frameworks – i.e., test plans, test assessment, plans and reports, and CONOPS. (25%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering or science field, with 3 years relevant professional experience.
- Experienced in enterprise network strategy development.
- Experienced in enterprise network analysis.
- Knowledge of network and cloud orchestration
- Knowledge of VMWare administration. Familiarity with ESXi, vCenter and distributed networking.
- Knowledge of network administration. Familiarity with VLAN, Routing, ACLs, IDS/IPS.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS administration. Familiarity with RHEL, Windows 2012 R2 server, and Ubuntu.
- Knowledge of Software Defined Storage capabilities. Familiarity with Atlantis USX and Hadoop.
- Active Secret clearance.
MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering or science field.
- Experienced in VMWare administration. Familiarity with ESXi, vCenter and distributed networking.
- Experienced in network administration. Familiarity with VLAN, Routing, ACLs, IDS/IPS.
- Experienced in Windows and Linux OS administration. Familiarity with RHEL, Windows 2012 R2 server, and Ubuntu.
- Experienced in Software Defined Storage capabilities. Familiarity with Atlantis USX and Hadoop.Special Working Conditions: None
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top