Network and Cyber Security Systems Engineer (El Segundo, CA)
Do you have a passion for developing cyber systems and software architectures?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at JHU Applied Physics Laboratory.
As a Systems Engineer, your role will be to work closely with Government sponsors to develop system CONOPS, define cyber and software architectures for sponsor solutions in DoDAF construct, work with stake holders to define system requirements and assist sponsors to ensure user needs are met and contractors are meeting requirements and deliverables. Act as Technical Advisor Agent to sponsors in architecture and program development and in contractor program reviews, both internal and external.
In addition, you will...
- Apply systems engineering processes to define and translate concepts, identify architecture technical requirements. Participate in system design, development, prototyping, demonstration and testing efforts. Work as part of a Government team to validate and verify design specifications, document and analyze requirements, review and critique system verification plan / procedures, and analyze system performance vs. requirements and user needs.
- Interact closely with multiple stakeholders, system and software engineers to arrive at a consensus on the design, development and test phases of the program. Present analysis, propose technical solutions, model and measure performance, and validate results.
- Review cyber and software architectures and designs of applications within distributed computing networks, data networks, network simulation, and tactical networks. Perform vulnerability assessment of computer networks and satellite ground stations.
- Identify and coordinate technical work performed for sponsor at APL Laurel location.
- Participate as a member of the team to evaluate contractor's proposals for the follow on system then provide contractor oversight to ensure the developed system meets user needs while containing program risks. Additionally, brief approach, implementation and progress to APL management and sponsors.
You meet our minimum requirements if you have....
- A BS in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science related disciplines.
- 10 years of strong Software systems engineering (SE) and software development experience with emphasis on cyber security, software security requirements and definition, and software interaction with satellite ground systems. Demonstrated understanding of software development, protection against software intrusion techniques, understanding of communication networks, and overall system vulnerability.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with understanding of computer ground networks.
- Demonstrate experience in software and network system engineering methodologies, principles, and concepts to solve systems related challenges.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work independently, work as a team player and work closely with sponsors.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills and good organizational skills.
- The ability to travel occasionally.
- A Current TS/SCI/SSBI
You will go above and beyond our qualifications if you have:
- A MS in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science related disciplines and 15 years of frontend SE and software SE experience with understanding of communication and computer networks .
- Experience with current Air Force satellite ground networks, DoDAF, DoD 5000, and model based systems engineering (MBSE) .
- Demonstrated ability in Cyber and Computer Network security and protection.
- Experience in protecting against Cyber intrusion techniques
Note:Position will be located in Los Angeles, CA, on-site at customer/sponsor facility. At completion of current project, this position may require relocation to APL Campus in Laurel, MD.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top