.Net Application Developer
- Laurel, MD
Do you love to master new technologies and find creative ways to apply them?
Do you consider yourself a highly collaborative member in a team environment, but capable of working independently and autonomously as needed?
Are you passionate about designing software solutions for new workflows, business processes, and communication tools?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a software professional to help us with a suite of Operations-related enterprise-wide applications. As a member of our team, you will ultimately be contributing to multiple efforts spanning the entire product life cycle. You will be joining ambitious team of multidisciplinary web and application developers who excel at developing and deploying solutions with a customer-focused lens.
We are passionate about adding value with our development solutions, and we expect our developers to have a versatile skill set and the motivation to work all aspects of a project while employing different languages and technologies, as tasks require. You will be an active contributor to multiple development projects and responsible for customer interactions and maintenance beyond delivery of our solutions. With your help, we will modernize and maintain our application software and promote state of the art technology.
As an Enterprise Application Software Developer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to analyze, develop and test custom .Net/SQL web enterprise wide applications.
- You will design and develop innovative solutions using web development technologies, including active participation in analysis and design reviews.
- You will collaborate with the team to manage development projects to include client communications, pre-planning, scope, time and cost estimates, requirements definition, changes to scope, configuration, and budgets.
- You will provide functional and technical support for enterprise applications in production and support/train users in their efforts to best utilize the custom tools.
- You will author and maintain software documentation and user manuals.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline.
- At least 3 years of hands-on software analysis and development experience with knowledge and experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- At least 3 years of experience with technologies such as: Visual Studio, NET, .Net Framework, C#, ASP.Net MVC, Entity Framework, NHibernate, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting and maintaining enterprise applications with an understanding of ITIL processes.
- Expertise in Relational Database design and architecture, including complex SQL, Stored Procedures, triggers and packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Collaborate and communicate effectively with the development team, server and database administrators, as well as customers.
- Knowledge with securing applications and their data, including with OWASP Top 10 and CVE research and remediation.
- Have strong debugging, investigating and reverse engineering skills.
- Have a strong desire to continually learn and explore new technologies and apply those modern technologies to develop innovative solutions.
- Are able to contribute as an individual and as a team member.
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer interface skill.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline.
- Experience and depth of knowledge with securing applications and their data, including fluent with OWASP Top 10 and CVE research and remediation.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS), GIT, or GForge
- Knowledge or working experience with ASP.Net Core
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with SASS
- Deploying and supporting software in a multi-platform environment (e.g., Windows, Macintosh, Unix/Linux)
Special Working Conditions:
- Occasional weekend and other after hours work required to handle and/or complete critical project/work-related business needs.
Security Clearance Not Required
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top