M&S Software Developer
Do you have experience with developing software for modeling communications systems?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Modeling and Simulation Software Developer, you will...
Develop innovative software solutions for modeling and assessing Nuclear Command, Control and Communications (NC3) systems using cutting edge techniques and industry best practices. Contribute to and provide leadership within teams that design, implement, test, and maintain software applications to meet sponsor requirements.
- Develop software to model and assess communications systems supporting NC3 operational platforms.
- Develop visualization tools and graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for simulation and assessment software.
- Document activities and results, prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities to peer review groups and partners.
- Lead teams that plan, model, develop, test, and support software solutions.
- Conduct modeling and simulation based assessments of NC3 in support of sponsor needs.
Youmeet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 5 years professional software engineering experience.
- Programming proficiency in C#, Java, Python/Perl and web development technologies.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, and demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-organizational team.
- Ability to travel to sponsor work sites on a limited basis.
- Ability to obtain a Secret level securityclearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearanceinvestigation and must meet the requirements for access to classifiedinformation. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou have:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 10 years professional software engineering experience.
- Experience in discrete-event and/or Monte Carlo simulation.
- Experience in Matlab, FORTRAN, C, C .
- Experience in data model and relational database design and implementation.
- Experience in Linux systems operations and shell scripting.
- Experience analyzing military communications systems.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
WhyWork at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied PhysicsLaboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most criticaldefense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection ofchallenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APLpromotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefitsand healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in theBaltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexualorientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable law.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni P.Electrical Engineer
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top