Modeling & Simulation Lead Engineer (El Segundo, CA)
- El Segundo, CA
Are you an expert in modeling and simulations?
Do you enjoy working on a team that is collaborative and technically diverse?
If so, we are looking for someone like you.
JHU APL is seeking an Engineer to work closely with Government sponsors to develop system models and simulations for sponsor solutions, work with stake holders to define system end-to end models for evaluation of system capabilities and assist sponsors to ensure user needs are met.
As the Modeling and Simulation Lead Engineer, you will...
- Define/develop system models, define tests that anchor models, execute test objectives through directing a team of third party resources, compare results against system performance and resolve differences improving model results.
- Assist the Business Area with growing Modeling and Simulation capabilities in the SMC mission space.
You meet our minimum qualifications if you have...
- A Master's degree in Physics, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Computer or related field.
- An Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
- 10 years of experience
- Familiarity with some hardware or software elements which are part of systems models and designs.
- Ability to learn new skills, evaluate systems trades, and learn systems engineering tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a fundamental understanding of systems engineering.
- The ability to grasp and apply systems, hardware and software engineering methodologies, principles, and concepts to solve systems related challenges.
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work independently, work as a team player, work closely with sponsors and mentor.
- The ability and are willing to travel extensively - likely around 50% of time.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Hold an active TS/SCI security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top