Model Based Systems Engineer
Are you a "systems thinker" with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) experience who is motivated to apply your systems engineering expertise to impact the future of our nation's defense programs?
Do you love working with a diverse group of dedicated technical specialists in a collaborative teaming environment?
Are you searching for a gratifying work environment where you can grow, learn new skills, and apply the state of the practice to cutting edge programs?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a systems engineer proficient in MBSE for the CombatSystems Engineering Group in the Force Projection Sector. As a trusted agentfor the Government, we provide vital systems engineering and system developmentexpertise to nationally important precision strike capabilities for the Navyand Air Force. As a member of our team, you will provide MBSE expertise todevelop and utilize complex system models to perform parametric analyses insupport of design trades for several critical combat systems developmentprograms. We are passionate about making critical contributions to thesecritically important programs, and you will be a key part of our success. Withyour help, we will remain at the forefront of combat systems engineering forthe Force Projection Sector.
Asa Model-Based Systems Engineer...
- Yourprimary responsibility will be to provide systems engineering and MBSE thoughtleadership and expertise to the development and evaluation of complex precisionstrike systems through parametric analyses and design trades.
- Youwill work with an advanced team to develop and implement system models tosupport development and integration of new precision strike systems as well asmodernization and sustainment of existing systems.
- Youwill apply your systems engineering expertise on requirements analysis,concept/technology development, architecture analysis, risk assessments andtest & evaluation for precision strike systems.
- Youwill deliver formal presentations to sponsors and supporting contractors, andeffectively communicate proposed concepts/solutions and analysis results.
- Youwill develop model profiles, tool plug-ins, architecture frameworks, and modelqueries in the MBSE tools that capture and analyze models of the systems beingdeveloped throughout their lifecycle from concept definition through fieldingand support.
- Youwill help define model-based design review requirements and update the systemsengineering process to utilize advanced MBSE techniques.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics, statistics, or related technical field.
- Have experience performing systems engineering in the design, development or evaluation of complex systems.
- Have experience in system modeling using UML/SysML and associated modeling software.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong critical thinking skills.
- Have shown the ability to interact effectively with diverse, multidisciplinary teams, including industry and government sponsors.
- Either possess or are able to obtain a Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a Government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have an advanced degree in systems engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering.
- Have relevant OMG or other systems engineering certifications.
- Have worked with modeling frameworks such as the Department of Defense Architecture Framework or Unified Architecture Framework.
- Have expertise using and/or writing custom scripts and/or plug-ins for MagicDraw modeling software and DOORS requirements software.
- Have direct experience applying aspects of MBSE in support of system development.
- Have experience integrating physics-based models with a SysML-based system model, particularly using Model Center integration software.
- Have familiarity with NAVAIR and Air Force acquisition programs.
- Have experience with DoD acquisition processes.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top