Mobile Cyber Vulnerability Researcher
- Laurel, MD
Are you a creative and inventive engineer looking to research cyber vulnerabilities?
Do you have experience crafting exploits on Android or iOS devices including experimenting with public jailbreaks?
Are you passionate about developing novel solutions to complex engineering challenges?
If so, we want you to join our team of hardworking individuals and embrace opportunities in the diverse environment that we have to offer.
We are seeking motivated individuals who will develop tailored Android or iPhone software at all layers including the kernel level. Our team is comprised of hardworking engineers and scientists who analyze devices to understand how they work and how they behave when hacked. We strive to foster an environment of collaboration within teams working on leading edge technologies while developing and defeating new and advanced security techniques.
As a member of our team, you will...
- Hack iOS or Android hardware, firmware, and software.
- Collaborate with team members in the analysis and reverse engineering of mobile platforms to understand security vulnerabilities.
- Build solutions for prototype and operational systems using knowledge gained from reverse engineering and vulnerability research.
- Circulate knowledge by articulating ideas clearly through papers and presentations to technical staff, management, and government decision makers.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have acquired a Bachelor's degree and have 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Understand the internals of Android/iOS, exploitation techniques, and mitigations.
- Have experience reading or writing Arm assembly.
- Are skilled in developing software/firmware for Android, iOS, or other cellular devices.
- Hold a Secret level security clearance and can ultimately obtain TS/SCI poly level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Have obtained a Master's degree or possess 7 years of professional experience in a relevant area.
- Have strong C/Arm assembly development skills.
- Have used debuggers such as gdb or lldb, and you have worked with reverse engineering tools such as IDA, Binary Ninja, or Ghidra.
- Understand wire-level protocols or radio frequency communications.
- Hold a TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
- Have prior experience working with government agencies or in a government agency setting.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top