Microsoft Exchange Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Microsoft Exchange Engineer.
Work with the Collaboration and Classified teams to provide administration of the Laboratory’s MS Exchange environments.
1. Provide day to day operation of multiple APL classified and unclassified Exchange environments. This includes change, release, performance, configuration, administration and availability management of Microsoft Exchange. Perform upgrades and migrations to new Exchange versions. Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) review and compliance management.
2. Provide day to day operation of email message routing into and out of the Exchange environment. Tune email gateways for unwanted messages and malware protection. Contribute to Listserv operational management.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related technical field, or equivalent years of professional IT experience.
- 3 years’ experience supporting and managing the Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment and interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot errors and determine the appropriate software and hardware resolution.
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve issues.
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems using current job knowledge, research data, and external resources.
- Working knowledge of messaging clients. Microsoft Outlook, Outlook for Mac, OWA, POP, IMAP, ActiveSync.
- Ability to obtain Secret security clearance within 6 months of hire
- MS in Computer Information Systems or a related field.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification.
- Experience working with :
- Exchange 2007, 2010 or 2013 in a large scale environment.
- Exchange availability groups.
- Antivirus in an Exchange environment
- STIG and STIG auditing for Exchange
- Domain Name System (DNS) and/or Storage Management.
- Active Directory
- Exchange on Virtual Servers
- Possess an active Secret clearance
- Security certification
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional Saturday morning hours required about once every six weeks.
Occasional travel to local Field Offices
Working in closed areas
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top