Material Distribution Coordinator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Materials Distribution Coordinator.
Supports the Enterprise Moves Section to relocate staff, facilities, equipment, and furniture both on and off APL campuses. Interacts and collaborates with staff of all levels to provide relocation and material distribution services. Prioritizes, schedules, and assigns relocation work for the staff within the section.
1. Coordinates and schedules across all departments, the relocation of Laboratory personnel, equipment and furniture. Meets and collaborates with APL staff for large scale move projects. Prepares and oversees work using Share Point, Remedy, and MS Office software applications. Assigns and oversees work to staff in the section. Determines the most efficient and effective work methods, staffing requirements, and equipment needed to perform jobs. (55%)
2. Maintains moving supplies inventory, organizes furniture, and manages move equipment located across the Laboratory using MS Excel and other software programs. Schedules the delivery of moving supplies to internal customers as needed. Maintains surplus equipment and furniture inventory database. Completes special projects as required. (30%)
3. Inspects equipment and vehicle condition, schedules approved repairs with automotive maintenance function and reports all mechanical and/or safety concerns to Section Supervisor. Maintains Enterprise Move data. Identifies supplies and equipment as needed. (5%)
4. Provides backup support for the PeopleSoft Locator and Warehouse Inventory Management System updates. (5%)
5. Assists in all areas within the section, including moving/relocation duties and/or supports the BMD Group as necessary. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 years of relevant administrative, scheduling, time management and organization experience.
- Strong interpersonal and proven verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to interact well with all levels of staff effectively.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work with a strong attention to detail. Ability to collect and analyze information and provide sound recommendations.
- Experience implementing organizational and process change.
- Proficient in software applications such as SharePoint, Remedy, and MS Office suite products.
- Relocation or move industry experience. Cash handling experience. Forklift experience.
Special Working Conditions:
Safety shoes required.
Ability to lift and move up to 70 lbs.
Work M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top