Maritime Systems Radar Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you passionate about the research and development of radar systems?
Do you love developing algorithms and using machine learning to solve challenging problems?
Would you love to be a part of a team of dedicated professionals with a deep understanding of radar and electronic warfare (EW) systems with maritime applications?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Maritime Systems Radar Engineer to help us develop and analyze radar and radio frequency (RF) systems. Our team seeks to improve electromagnetic systems with maritime applications through the research, development, implementation, and evaluation of signal detection, classification and tracking systems. We strive to foster an environment of innovation, inclusivity, and collaboration and as a member of our team, you'll provide high quality contributions to our sponsor's most critical challenges.
As a Radar Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be performing radar and related RF system development and analysis tasks.
- You will be an integral member of a team of engineers and computer scientists dedicated to the research and development of maritime electromagnetic systems.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you..
- Possess a BS in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or other related discipline.
- Have relevant experience working with radar or other RF systems.
- Are passionate about machine learning, algorithm development, data analysis, signal processing, RF engineering, RF hardware development, and/or systems engineering.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Are willing and able to work in closed areas and periodically work extended hours.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a MS in engineering, mathematics, physics, computer science, or other related discipline.
- Have 3 years of relevant experience working with radar or other RF systems.
- Are an expert in signal processing and/or machine learning.
- Have experience in technical task leadership.
- Have an active Secret or higher level clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top