Maritime Systems Engineer
Do you love the Seattle/Bremerton area?
Are you searching for meaningful work in Undersea Warfare?
Are you passionate about supporting naval operations?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL.
We are seeking a Maritime Systems Engineer to support developmentand testing of systems for undersea platforms.
As a Maritime Systems Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the development and testing of prototype naval systems.
- Provide engineering support to JHU/APL projects being worked in conjunction with Lead Shipyard.
- Provide shore-based and at-sea training to U.S. Navy personnel.
- Lead, coordinate, and/or participate in system testing activities for equipment on U.S. Naval platforms and their associated facilities.
- Prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system capabilities to U.S. Navy customers.
- Provide liaison between U.S. Navy, Program Management Offices, contractors, Fleet Commanders, and Lead Shipyard facilities, as required.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study or equivalent technical experience.
- Have 5 years of experience with U.S. Navy undersea warfare operations, sensors, integrated logistics support, and systems.
- Are skilled in hardware design, construction, and testing. Have working knowledge of hardware and software integration, requirements capture and flow down, quality assurance processes, information assurance, and trouble shooting.
- Are willing to live in the Bremerton, WA area for a minimum of 3 years.
- Are willing to work in a secure environment; extended hours periodically required.
- Can support local and out of area travel required for support meetings and testing. Position will require travel to Navy facilities with possible embarkation on U.S. Naval vessels for short periods. Supporting testing and evaluation of equipment on U.S. Naval vessels, to include submarines, will also be required.
- Hold an active Top Secret clearance and are SCI eligible. If selected, you will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. You must also be eligible for a Polygraph examination. Preference for current SSBI. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou...
- Have qualification or extensive knowledge or experience with U.S. Naval submarine or surface systems. Knowledge of submarine and surface ship sensors, oceanographic sensors, and underwater navigation systems.
- Possess a M.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or similar technical area of study.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top