Manufacturing Applications Team Lead
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Manufacturing Applications Team Lead.
Lead a team of 3-5 application functional specialists and software developers to support a manufacturing/fabrication suite of related COTS and custom applications, including manufacturing enterprise resource planning (ERP) and quality tools.
- Provide application support and leadership for a manufacturing suite of related Commercial off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom applications enabling design and fabrication processes for aerospace and defense hardware. (30%)
- Lead a project effort to upgrade the manufacturing ERP suite of tools. (20%)
- Participate with and direct technical support in resolving issues, enhancing the infrastructure and providing data to end users. (15%)
- Configure, install, maintain, and upgrade the components in the system. (15%)
- Support the infrastructure architecture and communicate with the users regarding outages. (10%)
- Collaborate with the user to determine best practices and more efficient utilization of the manufacturing suite of related COTS and custom applications. Provide user training and develop/update training materials for users. Engage in continuous improvement of the system to refine its functionality in supporting the needs of the organization. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years technical/business courses and professional work experience in a manufacturing production related environment that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties
- 7 years of experience specifically related to best business practice involving configuring and supporting manufacturing planning and execution applications
- Experience leading technical teams and direct interaction with customer base.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing project planning, scheduling, resource management, materials ordering, inventory management, and quality functions
- Strong SQL skills to evaluate data sets and analyze data issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as both a team leader and a team member
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills as well as leadership skills in project architecting, implementation, team tasking management and customer relations
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering or MBA
- Experience supporting manufacturing ERP applications in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience with any Infor ERP products
- Software or web development experience; or management of software implementation or development projects
Special Working Conditions: Some shift and weekend work will be required at least once a month.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top