Manufacturing Application Engineer/Team Lead
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Manufacturing Application Engineer/Team Lead.
Provide application support and leadership for Manufacturing suite of related Commercial off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom applications supporting design and fabrication processes for aerospace and defense hardware.
- Lead a team of application functional specialists to deliver application support for the Manufacturing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and the supporting application suite.
- Lead a project effort to investigate potential upgrades and/or product replacement for the Manufacturing ERP suite of tools.
- Direct technical support in resolving issues, enhancing the infrastructure and providing data to end users.
- Support environment refreshes, updating User Wiki information, communicating with the users regarding outage.
- Provide expertise with configuring, installing, maintaining and upgrading the system.
- Collaborate with the user to determine best practices and more efficient utilization of the Manufacturing ERP application. Provide user training and develop/update training material for users. Engage in continuous improvement of the system to refine its functionality in supporting the needs of the organization.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- BS in Business Management, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of professional engineering work related experience
- 7-10 years experience specifically related to best business practice involving configuring and supporting manufacturing planning applications
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing project planning, scheduling, resource management, materials ordering, inventory management, and quality functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as both a team leader and a team member
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills as well as leadership skills in project architecting, implementation, team tasking management and customer relations
- MS in Computer Science or MBA
- Experience supporting ERP applications in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience with any Infor ERP products
Special Working Conditions: Some shift and weekend work will be required at least one a month.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top