Machine Learning Analyst
- Laurel, MD
Are you a driven individual looking to solve a wide variety of complex problems in a rapidly growing and evolving machine learning field?
Do you have a strong desire to collaborate and work within a team of highly-skilled researchers?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher who will contribute to all phases of machine learning algorithm development process. You will be joining a team of engineers and scientist who are at the forefront of APL's mission to provide innovative solutions to critical challenges in the area of missile defense.
As a Machine Learning Analyst...
· You will research, implement and analyze prototype algorithms for various machine learning tasks; quantify and document the performance capabilities and limitations of algorithms for specific tasks, as well as provide metrics of robustness and confidence in specific approaches.
· You will interact with various data types, formats, and structures in a clear and appropriate manner for algorithm training and testing; perform any data cleaning, normalization, or manipulation as needed.
· You will create effective visualizations and comprehensive documentation to explain complex topics to a variety of audiences.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
· Possess a Master's degree in Math, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
· Have 2 years of experience in the machine learning and data science fields
· Are fluent in Python and MATLAB with ability to translate mathematical concepts into well-documented and efficient code
· Have experience in typical Machine Learning and Data Science packages like Pandas, Tensorflow, sklearn, and matplotlib
· Can effectively communicate ideas and results
· Have demonstrated experience in working with version control software like Git
· Have knowledge of planning, search methods, reasoning, decision making, or perception
· Have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
· Have a PhD in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or a related field
· Have 4 years of experience in designing and implementing AI/ML algorithms for a variety of datasets
· Are competent in a wide variety of programming languages, including MATLAB, C , Python, and Java, on both Linux and Windows platforms. Familiarity with advanced language features such as object-oriented programming, templates, lambdas, and stream-style collection manipulation
· Have experience using high-performance computing structures like GPU's and CPU clusters
· Have work experience with statistical modeling, computer vision, autonomy, deep networks, adversarial networks, or optimization
· Have work experience with planning, search methods, reasoning, decision making, or perception
· Have the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top