Linux Systems Administrator
Do you love to develop high complex solutions?
Are you searching for meaningful work in systemadministration support of Highly Classified networks?
Are you passionate about Information Systems SecurityManagement?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL.
We are seeking a dedicated Systems Administrator tohelp us protect APL's information technology infrastructure.
As a member of our team, you'll contribute to IS SecurityManagement and oversight of our Highly Classified information systems insupport of Sponsor/Program needs. You'll join an impressive team of technicalspecialists who are motivated by one common goal. We are passionate aboutsupporting our Program needs. You'll be an active contributor to the safeguardingof all APL's Sponsor network systems. With your help, we will provideinformation assurance, system administration, and systems engineering formainly Windows and some Linux-based systems in multiple highly classifiedfacilities. You'll independently identify and solve technical issues relatingto Information Assurance system hardening (ensuring system availability,integrity, authentication and confidentiality).
As a Systems Administrator...
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide system administration for computer systems in multiple highly classified facilities
- You will configure, install, and maintain computer systems in a stand-alone and/or networked environment
- You will participate in developing complex solutions for LAN and WAN environments
- You will lock down computers in a mixed environment based upon classified security requirements
- You will manage user accounts, reset passwords, and perform annual computer recertification
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise
- Design and implement backup solutions respective to the environment
- Provide input to security relevant documentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix's, System Security Plans
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have...
- Possessa Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related fieldor equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience administering/maintaining classified computer networks
- Experience integrating Linux with Windows services
- Experience manually configuring systems services (i.e. nfs, smb, http, audit, ntp, sss, luks)
- Experience manually building physical systems
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting layer 2 networks
- Experience applying STIGs to operating systems, applications and network peripherals
- Experience troubleshooting operating systems and applications
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
- Current SSBI required.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
- Working experience with VMware or other virtualization software.
- Experience configuring managed switches.
- Experience with endpoint protection applications
- Some practical experience with programming / scripting languages.
- Working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory(APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging,impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a cultureof life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthywork/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metroarea. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationalorigin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable law.
Back to top