Lead Developer - Cyber Capabilities/Vulnerabilities
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC, is seeking an experienced Lead Cyber Capabilities Developer/Vulnerability Researcher.
Seeking a creative and inventive engineer who will lead development of innovative cyber capabilities and challenging research into cyber vulnerabilities. A nalyze systems to understand how they work and how they behave when they break. Grow as a leader while you work with teams of engineers and scientists working on leading edge technologies, developing and defeating new and advanced security techniques.
- Hack hardware, firmware and software. Collaborate and lead teams in the analysis and reverse engineering of hardware, firmware and operating systems to understand security vulnerabilities. (40%)
- Create solutions for prototype and operational systems involving hardware and software development using knowledge gained from reverse engineering and vulnerability research. (40%)
- Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management and Government decision makers. Take advantage of opportunities to participate in working groups, customer meetings, proposal writing, and conferences. (20%)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Technical Degree
- 6+ years professional experience, including 3+ years in technical project leadership
- Understanding of OS Internals (any major OS)
- Experience reading or writing assembly (x86, x64, ARM, PPC, MIPS, or others)
- Experience developing embedded systems
- Understanding of exploit techniques and mitigations
- Cu rrent DoD Secret security clearance
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 9+ years of professional experience
- Understanding of wire-level protocols, RF communications
- Experience using reverse engineering tools such as IdaPro
- Experience using debuggers such as gdb, WinDbg, OllyDbg
- Experience designing and prototyping hardware
- TS/SCI with polyg raph
- Prior experience working with Government agencies
Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information up to the Secret level. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top