Lead Business/Systems Analyst
The Lead Business/Systems Analyst will provide operational and project support for the integrated workplace management and enterprise asset management suite of systems.
US Citizenship is required.
1. Business Analysis:
- Provide hands-on expertise for integrated workplace management and enterprise asset management solutions.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the business units technology and support teams.
- Lead and facilitate sessions with end users and subject matter experts to gather and document business requirements.
- Review and recommend system design to ensure they fully meet the business requirements.
- Write use cases, business rules, and other artifacts such as user guides and process flow diagrams to effectively articulate and represent business processes, desired outcomes, and requirements.
- Assist users with the development of test cases.
- Perform IT system testing.
- Produce and update key documents both in written and presentation format.
- Support user training activities.
- Provide functional and technical application support for integrated workplace management and enterprise asset management solutions.
- Develop reports for both operations and analytics - including dashboards.
- Assist with establishing key performance indicators for capturing metrics.
4. Communication and Coordination:
- Manage communications by providing timely updates to management, customer, and user community.
- Perform project management duties in coordination of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) work with other departments, users, stakeholders, and vendor.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of IT-related college coursework and professional years of IT-related work experience
- At least 7 years of strategic planning, business analysis or project management experience.
- Experience working with end users to define and document requirements.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and PL/SQL.
- Business analysis and testing, integrations, forms, and security.
- Experience with business intelligence and report writing.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Strong communication and documentation skills (written and verbal), with the ability to communicate technical material to a general audience.
- Comfortable and skilled interacting at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Master's degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience .
- Experience with IBM TRIRIGA, IBM MAXIMO, or other integrated workplace management and enterprise asset management solutions.
- Experience with Oracle 12c.
- Understanding of ITIL and experience utilizing ServiceNow for change management
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional weekend and other after hours work required to meet critical project/work-related business needs.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top