KCA Section Supervisor - Information & Data Resources
The Johns HopkinsUniversity Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientificresearch and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DCis seeking a Section Supervisor for Information and Data Services.
Job Summary: Leadthe Information and Data Services Section (KCA-003) within the AdministrativeServices Group (KCA) in support of the Force Projection Sector. The position maintains,develops and implements systems and processes to meet the information reportingneeds of Sponsors and Internal Customers, including Data Retention, ReportingSystems, and Security Requirements.
- Lead thestaff, services, and resources of the Information and Data Resources Section(KCA-003) with the Sector’s Administrative Services Group (KCA) in support ofthe Sector’s Program, Line, and Administrative operations ensuring thatquality, timeliness, and cost expectations are met. (20%)
- Manage the information and data resources life cycle, maximizing its value to the Sector and our Sponsors. Identify data sources/workflows and design/execute data processes including: information validation, manipulation, analysis, retention and security requirements of sensitive government data. (30%)
- Organize and manage projects by implementing effective data solutions, define areas of improvement, and recommend technology products that provide added value through improvements to both processes and systems. Plan and implement strategies that meet and set forth the foundation for future data and information management requirements. (20%)
- Maintain reporting and version control of data used to identify, define and control strategic weapons system data, operational security, test plans and future modifications of the subsystems and equipment of the US and UK submarine force. Partner with technical content owners and Sponsors to coordinate and develop key reports and tools to support operational and analytical reporting requirements. (20%)
- Hire, develop, and train Section staff to increase analytic, reporting, and distribution capabilities. Provide the Group Supervisor with timely input on performance issues. Assist the Group Supervisor by planning and implementing strategies that meet the goals of the Section and Group. Assist the Group Supervisor in in fostering a professional and cordial work environment that emphasizes the value of diversity. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
Bachelor’sdegree in Information Management, Information Technology, or other related disciplineor equivalent level of experience, in addition to 3 – 5 years of relevant experience to show demonstrated ability leading staff,directing tasks and proficiency in managing projects. Ability to workindependently and use critical thinking in managing and coordinating the flowof sensitive technical information and to monitor and report on the status ofrequired actions and respond as necessary. A demonstrated background in the useof information management processes, resources and technologies. Experiencewith the provisions of the National Industrial Security Operating Manual(NISPOM). Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writingacross multiple organizational levels.
Experience supportingactivities for the US Navy’s Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarine operations orthe Submarine Security Technology Program of the Navy’s Submarine WarfareDivision.
Special Working Conditions: Work within a closed area.
Security: Secret Clearanceis required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation andmust meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information upto the Secret level. Eligibility requirements include UScitizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top