Junior ServiceNow Developer
JHU APL is seeking a Junior ServiceNow Developer with experience implementing, customizing, and maintaining ServiceNow products. As part of the ServiceNow team, the Junior Developer will be responsible for core system configuration development, gathering and documenting user and process functional requirements, building workflows, and developing technical requirements. The Junior ServiceNow Developer will be expected to learn new applications quickly.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
1) Configuration & Development
- Construct reports, views and dashboards in ServiceNow.
- Create and modify ServiceNow applications, forms, views, workflow, email notifications, policies, actions, access control, etc.
- Develop custom solutions and manage general updates and configuration changes/requests.
- Research, plan, and coordinate the delivery of solutions for the ServiceNow platform.
- Obtain and analyze business requirements and develop technical/function requirements.
- Interact with business users daily to ensure the users receive assistance in understanding processes in production.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (JHU/APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years working experience with ITIL processes and three or more of the following modules: Incident Management, Change and Release Management, Knowledge Management, Problem Management, and CMDB.
- Ability to administer ServiceNow instance including, but not limited to the modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- US Citizenship is required
- Ability to build and modify ServiceNow Reports, dashboards, and homepages.
- Ability to build, modify and test custom applications.
- Working knowledge of Service Portal, Automated Test Framework, Project Portfolio Management, GRC, or Orchestration.
- Experience developing ServiceNow mobile user interfaces.
- Certified ServiceNow Application Developer or System Administrator.
- Proficiency with MySQL, PL/SQL as well as working with Oracle and MS SQL databases
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top