Junior Cyber Test Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Junior Cyber Test Engineer.
Job Summary: Assist in the developmental/operational test and evaluation of networks and network-based information assurance systems. Assist in the development and implementation of test plans.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Assist in the development and implementation of test and evaluation plans of sponsor network technology and network-based information assurance mechanisms. 30%
- Using statistics and analysis tools, assist in data collection and complex data analysis to assess system performance against all requirements/objectives and report generation. 20%
- Support test management test process improvement, metrics development, and data modeling. 20%
- Review Test and Evaluation Master Plans to determine adequacy and compatibility with various requirements documents and appropriate assessment metrics, scenarios and testing approach. 15%
- Prepare technical reports and present analysis results to peer review groups, managers and sponsors. 15%
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
B.S.in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematical Science with 2-7 years of experience. Desire to be involved in research, experimentation, developmental and operational test and evaluation. Good organizational skills, strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Position requires a TS/SCI poly clearance.
Knowledge of network theory and operations experience, strong statistics background, general understanding of Design of Experiments (DoE) and other combinatorial approaches, hands-on National level SIGINT architectures, software security engineering, certification and accreditation a plus. Other: CISSP, JMP, minitab, IBM DOORS
Special Working Conditions: Limited amount of travel required. Position may require a majority of the time working off the main APL campus within 10 miles.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top