IT Vendor Analyst
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking an IT Vendor Analyst.
The position is responsible for continually maturing the organization’s processes and practices capabilities in Vendor Management Activities. In support of the Information Technology Services Department’s Vendor Management Office (VMO), implement, and maintain strong processes to improve the performance and efficiency of Asset and License Management functions.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Implement new/ improve existing enterprise license management operational processes from a governance perspective in partnership with the Vendor Management Office (VMO) and Enterprise Information Technology Committee (EITC). Work with all levels of staff to improve the use of standardized operational processes across the department. (50%)
- Develop, maintain, and communicate actionable i) business-relevant license metrics designed to identify and drive service improvements; and ii) license compliance process improvements.(35%)
- Work directly with the Enterprise Information Technology Committee (EITC) and leadership/staff to further integrate operational needs and planning into the vendor management framework. (10%)
- Other duties as needed to support program and fiscal activities. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field, or equivalent years of professional business/IT operational work experience
- At least 10 years of total professional work experience in the IT field
- 5 or more years’ experience working in IT Operations and leading process improvements in large work environments with 2,000 or more employees
- 5 or more years of proven experience interacting with vendors to support license management activities
- Basic understanding of statistics and their use in operational environments
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to negotiate cost-effective licensing agreements
- Consultative work style that supports successful initiatives with all levels of management and customers across organizational boundaries
- Very strong written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to develop senior management briefings using MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel; and deliver presentations to all levels of staff.
- Ability to:
- Perform financial analysis
- Lead or work with teams to gain consensus
- Working knowledge of implementing Software Asset and License Management tools
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financials and ServiceNow
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top