IT Field Services & Build Team Technician
Do you desire to be part of a hardworking, dynamic IT support team that is passionate about helping people solve IT problems?
Are you keenly interested in technology and looking for an environment that offers training, coaching and mentoring opportunities for career growth?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an IT Field Services & Build Team Technician to help us support the information technology needs of the nation's leading university affiliated research center. You will be working with engineers, scientists and business professionals that are addressing critical challenges of our nation. We are ranked as one of Computerworld's 2018 & 2019 Top Places to Work in IT and are wanting to add bright, dedicated hardworking technicians to our group.
As an IT Field Services & Build Team Technician ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide onsite IT support services for customers to include incident response, delivery and system set-up of new & repaired computers along with installation of additional hardware, software and peripherals. You will work on primarily Microsoft Windows, Macintosh and Linux systems;
- You will research, analyze, diagnose and resolve issues with customer systems including computer hardware & software, peripheral equipment, and networks using documented processes where available and best practices where not. Perform computer imaging including software & hardware validation and pre-delivery testing;
- You will record and create documentation and assist in other teams areas as needed.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree or at least 5 years of recent IT related work experience;
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users, to independently resolve widely varying complex problems using current job knowledge, research and external resources;
- Have hardware experience to include Intel based desktops, laptops, and printers; Operating System (OS) experience to include Windows and Mac OS; Networking experience to include strong understanding of TCP/IP and DNS; and an understanding of Active Directory and Exchange;
- Are an excellent communicator, are highly motivated and have a strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff;
- Have the ability to obtain a Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer (DCEE) certification within 2 months of employment.
- Are willing and able to support and work the necessary hours to finish critical work, routinely drive APL vehicles on and off campus, have the ability to do long walking on a routine basis. and be willing to occasionally (less than 5%) travel within or outside of Maryland.
- Have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field;
- Possess enterprise level experience with Linux, Windows 10, Mac10.11 and/or iOS;
- Possess certifications: ITIL, A , Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT), HDI Support Analyst;
- Have software experience with Desktop remote control tools, the ability to troubleshoot Linux operating systems and/or 2-4 years' experience with system management tools such as Altiris.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top