ISRT Scientific Applications Lead Software Developer and Operations Site Agent
Lead and contribute to software development and systemsengineering efforts in support of advanced ISRT technology development. Serve as resident agent and subject matterexpert at government operations site responsible for deployment and employmentof APL prototypes and
interfacing with the operational system.
- Design and implement software for processing and exploitation ofISR sensor data. Collaborate with engineersand algorithm developers to implement software for signal and image processing,data fusion, target detection and tracking, pattern recognition, and other advancedcapabilities.
- Support prototype evaluation, experimentation, field tests, and transitionof prototype capabilities to operational use.
- As needed, manage the processes and environment for softwaredevelopment and testing. As needed, documentuse cases, requirements, specifications, design, V&V/test plan, and userinterfaces. As needed, establishprocesses, methodologies, and tools for development, build, configurationcontrol, documentation, quality assurance, and other essential functions. As needed, manage repositories for code, data,and engineering models. Ensure qualityand integrity of software products and test results.
- Provide leadership to software development activities. Lead teams of software developers. Lead tasks and maintain schedules. Communicate and present progress reports andresults to other technical leads, management, and government sponsors.
- Provide subject matter expertise on operational systems at thegovernment site. Interface withgovernment and contractor staff on-site as necessary.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties isfor the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at timeof hire and may change over time.
Required Qualifications: Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related field. Minimum of 7 years professional work experience in software development including 2 years in a leadership position. Expertise with a variety of software development and configuration management tools, processes, and methodologies. Expertise in C and Java programming languages. Demonstrated ability to lead teams and complex technical efforts. Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written. Current Top Secret / SCI clearance.
Desired Qualifications: Masters degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related field. Minimum of 10 years professional work experience in software development including 4 years in a leadership position. Experience with development of complex, operational software systems. General domain knowledge of ISR platforms and sensors used by the US military and intelligence community.
Special Working Conditions: Position requires primary work site at a Government facility in the Denver, CO region and occasional travel (local and non-local) to Government and contractor facilities and to the JHU/APL main campus.
Security: Top Secret / SCI clearanceis required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government securityinvestigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and accessto Sensitive Compartmented Information. Preference for current SSBI. Eligibility requirements include UScitizenship.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top