ISR Scientific Applications Software Developer
- Laurel, MD
Would you take pride in developing software that will beused by US military personnel to achieve their missions Intelligence,Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting?
Do you want to work on a team researching and developinginnovative ways to produce impactful information from many different types ofsensors and sources of data?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL.
We are seeking a creative software developer to help us design,build, test, assess, and field the next generation of ISRT and Counter-ISRTcapabilities for the US military. Our technicalteam applies diverse disciplines such as sensor and data fusion, signal andimage processing, operations research, applied physics, and artificialintelligence to build systems that automatically or autonomously orchestratesensors, process data into information, and make intelligent inferences andpredictions about complex threats and environments. Our work enables the US military toneutralize a wider variety of serious threats from safer distances than theycould otherwise accomplish; improves the safety, survivability, andeffectiveness of US air, naval, and ground forces; and disrupts the ability ofpotential adversaries to threaten our forces.
As a Software Developer for ISRT Scientific Applications ...
- Your primary responsibility will be to contributeto teams implementing prototype and deployable software applications thatrealize advanced ISRT capabilities.
- You will contribute to teams developing softwareapplications that implement new techniques in signal processing, imageprocessing, multi-sensor data fusion, and multi-sensor resource optimization.
- You will contribute to teams developing new simulationcapabilities and analytical tools.
- You will contribute to teams developing userinterfaces, visualizations, and network/web services.
- You will contribute to field tests andexperiments, including planning, execution, and analysis of results.
- You will document and present your work product toproject leads, sponsors, and technical workshops and conferences.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related field.
- Have at least one year of work experience, or significant internship experience, in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience developing scientific and engineering applications in programming languages such as C , Java, MATLAB, and Python and in Linux environments.
- Have strong inter-personal and written communications skills.
- Have the ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Have the ability to multi-task, support multiple, concurrent projects, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Are willing and able to work a portion of the time in secure, closed areas and travel occasionally to government sites and contractor facilities (local and non-local).
- Are able to obtain a TS/SCI-level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related field.
- Have at least three years of work experience in a relevant technical field.
- Have skills and experience as a full stack developer building web applications.
- Have domain knowledge in ISR processes, systems, platforms, and sensors used by the US military and intelligence community.
- Hold an active Secret, Top Secret, or TS/SCI-level security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top