Integration and Test Engineer
- Laurel, MD
Are you an experienced engineer ready to apply your trained skills on ground breaking science missions in space?
Are you results driven and value teaming with like minded professionals?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Systems Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer to join the Electrical Spacecraft System Integration and Test Group at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory. Join a team of highly skilled engineers and technicians working together on several space programs. Our professionals specialize in large scale spacecraft integration; design and development of electrical ground support equipment (EGSE), and harness design. Our team is responsible for the planning and execution of spacecraft system-level I&T, including assembly, functional testing, environmental testing, and pre-launch operations.
As an Integration and Test Engineer you will...
- Assist in developing automated test scripts, procedures, and other documentation needed to conduct spacecraft assembly and testing at APL and the launch site
- Have sound organization and troubleshooting skills and understand hardware/software design, requirements generation, product development, test execution, and verification activities
- Review and analyze telemetry and test data, ensuring generated data accurately verifies the spacecraft functionality and meets the spacecraft performance requirements
- Support Program System Engineering and design engineers in the verification of test requirements
- Understand and perform job duties using the APL principles and disciplines of Test Engineering including policy, procedures, process discipline, safety, and quality documents
- Be willing to work in a 24/7 operations environment which may include some overtime and support off-shifts and/or weekends/holidays and travel to support testing or launch operations
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Bachelors degree in engineering (Electrical/Aerospace/Systems) or related fields; or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of professional experience in spacecraft flight hardware or EGSE design or testing of hardware
- Experience in Spacecraft I&T including: clean room operations, baseline ambient, thermal vacuum, vibration and acoustic, EMC/EMI, final performance, and launch operations
- Familiar with spacecraft assembly, testing, and troubleshooting
- Experience in data analysis, anomaly resolution, satellite test software, and electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, and digital multimeters
- Are willing to support special circumstances e.g. extended work hours, shifts, off site, launch site
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Ability to maintain process discipline in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Experienced in using L3 InControl Satellite command and control software
- Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
- Excellent verbal communications, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
- Demonstrated technical writing and communication skills with experience writing system level test plans and test procedures
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top