Innovation & Collaboration Analyst/Service Manager
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC, is seeking an Innovation & Collaboration Analyst/Service Manager.
Responsible for managing the daily operations of applications in the Innovation & Collaboration Tools service area. Collaborate with project teams, stakeholders and developers to perform business analysis activities.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Manage day-to-day operations of applications in the service area, including planning roadmap and other initiatives, interfacing with application stakeholders and owner. Act as the primary contact for application issues in the service area. Manage tasking for IT staff in service area. Analyze, design, configure and test system changes. (50%)
- Conduct and lead business analysis activities. Work collaboratively with project teams, end users/stakeholders to analyze, understand, and document the business processes or needs with the goal of recommending a technology and / or process solution. Document functional analysis and create detailed business requirements; analyze and suggest improvements to business processes with system solutions, and make system recommendations to meet project needs, participate in projects to ensure solutions meet user requirements. (50%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent years of professional work experience in related discipline.
- 7 years of professional work experience in a technical field, with at least 3 years of experience in implementing, maintaining and supporting IT systems.
- At least 1 year of previous project or team leadership experience.
- Proven success with conflict resolution and demonstrable people management skills.
- Possess basic IT competencies, including familiarity with web-based development, relational database technologies and query (e.g., SQL)
- Possess detailed knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
- Strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships within teams and across the organization.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, communicate progress to stakeholders, and provide timely deliverables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience presenting to multiple audiences (e.g., technical and non-technical, executive).
- Experience with innovation and collaboration tools.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 3 years of previous leadership experience.
- Experience in IT service management.
- Certification in Business Analysis and Design, or related discipline.
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional weekends and other after hours work required to handle and/or complete critical project/work-related business needs.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top