Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Do you enjoy providing solutions to complex problems?
Are you searching for meaningful work in InformationAssurance and Security of Classified Networks?
Are you passionate about Information Systems Security?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL.
We are seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)to ensure classified information systems (IS) meetCybersecurity requirements and Government directives.
As a member of our team, you'll contribute to IS security oversightand management of our classified networks in support of Government SponsorProgram requirements. You will bejoining a team of dedicated information assurance professionals, network, and system engineers.
As an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)...
- Your primary area of responsibility will be the implementation, enforcement, and management of security policies and processes required to maintain security compliance for classified networks
- Management and execution of security requirements as defined by the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM), and related Government directives
- Maintain IS accreditation package(s) under Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include SSP, artifacts, SOP's, POA&M, and additional attachments as required. Initiate and assemble new IS accreditation packages as required by Sponsor tasking
- Conduct security vulnerability assessments and continuous monitoring of networked clients, switches, and related network devices.
- Responsible for conducting weekly system security audits, hardware and software configuration management, account management, removable media auditing, and associated reporting
- Utilize a variety of security related and auditing tools such as SCAP Compliance Checker, STIG viewer, Ansible, Symantec Endpoint protection, Splunk/Assuria, PDQ, and monitoring tools such as ACAS.
- Utilize Data Loss Prevention tools such as Ivanti, Digital Guardian, Device Lock, etc.
- Interface and interact with DSS, ISSM, Program Managers, and customers
- Prepare for security inspections
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Have 1 years as an ISSO
- Have 1 years of OS Experience – Windows and/or Linux
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM, and NIST
- Experience with security related tools – DISA STIGs/STIG Viewer and SCAP
- Experience with audit log reduction tools such as Splunk or Assuria
- Understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and software
- Familiar with the development of SPP's, POA&M's, SOP's and supporting Authorization and Accreditation documentation
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (e.g. Security CE) or greater.
- Upon hire, completion of DSS STEPP Risk Management Framework (RMF) certification and related CDSE training.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of security awareness among IT users
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities to meet customer requirements, exhibit excellent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment or independently on specific tasks with guidance.
- Willing to work in closed areas.
- Are able to obtain Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship
- Please note: Given the classified nature of the work, telework is not supported by this role. The position requires the candidate to be on-site at our Laurel, MD location 5 days per week.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- MS degree Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Have 2 years as an ISSO, ISSM, AISSM
- Have 3 years of OS Experience – Windows and/or Linux
- Have experience with VMware and Virtual Environments
- Experience with programming and or scripting
- Top Secret level security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top