Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Are you passionate about security challenges in information technology? Do you have experience in Information Security or Information Assurance (IA) in government or industry? Would you like to apply your security expertise to complex missions supporting national security? If so, the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is looking for you.
APL, a national leader in scientific research and development, is hiring Information Systems Security Officers to provide Information Assurance and Systems Administration support for complex multi-platform (Windows and Linux) classified networks.
- Deploy and enforce system security standards in accordance with FISMA, NIST, RMF, NISPOM, DSS ODAA, and other DoD regulations.
- Implement technical solutions and conduct ongoing maintenance and planning to ensure compliance across information systems.
- Experience in Information Systems Security, Information Assurance, or Windows/Linux systems administration.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Cyber Security or related field (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Current DoD 8570 compliance certificates, including Security+, CISSP, and IAT level II or III (or ability to complete within six months).
- Familiarity with NISPOM, RMF, DISA STIG or NIST requirements.
- Active Secret or higher security clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top