Information Systems Auditor
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Job Summary: Execute Hardware in the Loop (HiL) Information System (IS) auditing functions and work closely with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO), Assistant Information System Security Officer (AISSO), HIL Hardware Support Engineers (HHSE) and Facility Operations Managers, recommending changes to strengthen controls for increased efficiencies and reduced risks.
Duties : (Listed in order of importance with estimated amount of time spent on each task):
1. Perform audit procedures and tests necessary to meet audit objectives and remain in compliance with Government requirements. Preparing audit work papers, memos, letters and drafting audit report findings. (80%)
2. Assist in the review of the full audit life cycle with internal and sponsor inspectors, evidence gathering, remediation and participate in remediation efforts requiring ownership of tasks. (5%)
3. Assist in the development, updating, revising, and improving of IS audit procedures and programs. (5%)
4. Develop a strong understanding of system security processes being reviewed. (5%)
5. Performing other related work, as may be required, in support of the ISSO, AISSO and HHSE. (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at the time of hire and may change over time.
Security: A secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.
• Minimum two years' experience auditing and/or administrating hardware-based computer facilities comprised of COTS and/or custom designed support equipment.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively across multiple facilities, and multi-task effectively.
• Must be able to ob tain a Top Secret clearance.
• Ability to obtain DoD 8570.01-M Approved Baseline Certifications under IAT Level I within six months of hire .
Familiarity with Windows, Linux auditing and familiarity with test and evaluation information technology environment. COMSEC experience, STE/STU, etc.
Back to top