Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Are you searching for meaningful work in systemadministration support of Highly Classified networks?
Are you passionate about Information Systems SecurityManagement?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our teamat APL!
We are seeking Information System SecurityOfficers to help us protect APL's information technology infrastructure. You'll join an impressive team of technicalspecialists who are motivated by one common goal. We are passionate aboutsupporting our Program needs. You'll be an active contributor to the safeguardingof all APL's Sponsor network systems. With your help, we will provideinformation assurance, system administration, and systems engineering formainly Windows and some Linux-based systems in multiple highly classifiedfacilities.
As an ISSO...
- Your primary responsibility will be providing security relevant documentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix's, System Security Plans, Risk Assessment Reports, Contingency Plans.
- Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard events. Implement backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster recovery plan.
- Configure, install, and maintain mostly Windows computer systems and some Linux systems in a stand-alone and networked environment based upon classified security requirements.
- Manage user accounts for Windows/Linux systems, reset passwords, and perform annual computer recertification.
- Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- Have 2 years of Windows systems administration experience.
- Proven Assessment and Authorization experience working with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM, or JSIG.
- A minimum of 2 years experience solving information technology problems and working in a classified computer facility in information, intelligence, or security areas.
- Deep understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, and software.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment required.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. Current SSBI required. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Are able to obtain a TS/SCI poly level clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory(APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging,impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes aculture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits andhealthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washingtonmetro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationalorigin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable law.
Back to top