Information System Security Manager (ISSM)
- Laurel, MD
Do you love to develop high complexsolutions?
Are you searching for meaningfulwork in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity in support of ClassifiedSystems and Networks?
Are you passionate about InformationSystems Security Management?
If so, we're looking for someonelike you to join our team at APL...
We are seeking a dedicatedInformation System Security Manager to help provide oversight to ensureprotection of APL's classified information systems and infrastructure.
As a member of our team, you'llcontribute to IS Security Management and oversight of our classifiedinformation systems in support of Sponsor/Program needs. You'll join animpressive team of technical specialists who are motivated by one common goal.We are passionate about supporting our Program needs. You'll be an activecontributor to the safeguarding of all APL's Sponsor network systems. With yourhelp, we will provide information assurance, self-inspection, and policyguidance for mainly Windows and some Linux-based systems in multiple classifiedfacilities. You'll be part of a team to ensure that policies, procedures, andInformation Assurance system hardening (ensuring system availability,integrity, authentication and confidentiality) is in place as required by the JointSpecial Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), sponsor policies andprocedures.
As an Information System SecurityManager...
- Participate as member of ISSM team responsible for developing and maintaining formal Information Security Program and policies.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and oversight of System Security Plans (SSPs). Review SSPs developed by ISSOs and endorse those found to be acceptable. Ensuring the development of system certification documentation.
- Responsible for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents, as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP).
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with SSPs. Function as lead contact for IS security inspections, tests, and reviews by oversight authorities.
- Support the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in support of the Laboratory's Classified Information Security Program.
- Be a liaison with assigned sponsor programs during their Assessment of JHU/APL.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years computer operating systems administration experience (Windows or Linux).
- Minimum of 8 years information technology experience working in a classified computer facility in information, intelligence, or security areas. Current SSBI required.
- Minimum of 5 years writing System Security Plans (SSPs) as an ISSO or related role.
- Working familiarity with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements or the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Minimum of 5 years working experience of the Classified Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process with NISPOM, ICD, JSIG security frameworks/policies.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
- Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
- Demonstrated customer and project management skills to include strong prioritization, organization, planning, teamwork, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service; to motivate, lead, and manage teams; and to effectively interact with all levels of Laboratory staff, sponsors, customers, and representatives of external organizations.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements ifyou...
- Experience working in or directly supporting the Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities desired.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, and the understanding of customer focus.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory(APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging,impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a cultureof life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthywork/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metroarea. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationalorigin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by applicable law.
Back to top