IDS Queue Coordinator
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking an IT Queue Coordinator.
Requires US Citizenship.
In a team environment, manage customer service request queues and assign tickets to technicians within the Help Desk/Walk-Up Support Desk/Desktop Services Group (IDS). Monitor queues to ensure tickets are completed or escalated within standard times for that service. Provide technical support for customer departments.
Manage and coordinate IT ticketing system queues for the IDS group. Lead day-to-day scheduling and ticket queue assignments. Generate daily reports to document team performance in addressing incidents, service requests, and abandonment rate. Collaborate with other Queue Coordinators within the department to resolve ticket transition issues or improve the customer experience. Proactively develop improvement initiatives and solutions to enhance documentation and improve processes. Monitor to ensure expected ticket documentation procedures and that tickets are addressed within identified SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and in alignment with ITIL processes. (60%)
Conduct bi-weekly ticket reviews and deliver feedback to each technician to their performance and compliance to team policies and procedures. Conduct one-on-one training for new employees and contractors. Participate in phone and in-person interviews. Provide performance feedback on staff to Line Supervisors. (10%)
Manage to resolution escalated customer requests and concerns. Pull in appropriate resources to resolve the customer request in a timely manner. Provide status updates to IDS Management team. (10%)
Assist with analyzing daily, weekly and monthly operational metrics. Help develop and implement process improvements and assist with other projects which enhance or are in support of departments and group's (IDS) goals. (10%)
- Assist technicians with resolution for desktop, laptop, mobile device and network connectivity problems. Help research, analyze, and diagnose problems with client systems including hardware and software, servers, peripheral equipment, and networks. Assist in solving problems using documented processes where available and best practices where not. APL computers and mobile devices are comprised of various OS platforms including Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, Linux and iOS platforms. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related field; or in lieu of a degree, 5 years' relevant IT professional work-related experience.
- At least 2 years' experience leading an IT team or overseeing a project preferably in a customer support environment.
- Strong customer service experience and demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management, customers, and staff to learn and understand their issues / requirements and ensure they are resolved.
- Ability to:
- Work in a team environment in support of shared objectives, and make sound decisions independently when necessary.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users.
- Independently resolve widely varying problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
- Hardware, software and networking experience. Hardware experience must include Intel based desktops, laptops, and printers. Software experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office. Networking experience to include understanding TCP/IP, DNS. Understanding of Active Directory and Exchange.
- Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field.
- 2-4 years' experience with system management tools such as Altiris.
- Capable of functioning as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas.
- Software experience with:
- Desktop remote control tools
- Windows 7
- Experience with Service Now.
- Experience supporting Macintosh, iOS and Linux desktop operating systems.
- Capable of leading at least one small project team and be a contributor in various areas within the department.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Highly motivated with a desire to contribute to the success and direction for the group.
- ITIL Certifications or knowledge.
- Experience with identifying security related issues such as system hacks, computer viruses and worms, and spyware.
- Certifications: A , Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer (DCEE).
Special Working Conditions:
- Must be willing to occasionally (less than 5%) travel within or outside of Maryland.
- Willing to support and work the necessary hours to finish critical work.
- Routinely drive APL vehicles on and off campus.
- Ability to do long walking on a routine basis.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top