Hyperion Planning Technical Business Analyst
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC., is seeking an experienced Hyperion Technical/Functional Specialist.
Provide strong expertise and functional understanding of the Financial Planning and Budgeting process with experience in business process redesign and/or transformation. The position will be directly involved in the project implementation and on-going maintenance and support of Oracle's Hyperion Planning and Budgeting Cloud Solution (PBCS) with integration to data virtualization/visualization capabilities to enhance reporting functionality for a wider user base. Hands on experience in implementing the latest version of Oracle's Hyperion Planning and Budgeting solutions. Experience in the implementation and maintenance of PBCS or EPBCS is an added advantage.
U.S. Citizenship required.
1. Perform analysis, design, development and testing activities in support of the solution implementation and ongoing introduction of new capabilities to support the requirements of a diverse user base including Corporate Financial Operations, and lab-wide Planning and Program Management Operations
2. Assist with the design, development and deployment of Oracle's Hyperion Planning and Budgeting Cloud solution (PBCS). Must be able to support integration functions, reporting capabilities, rule definitions, have a strong understanding of the cube structure
3. Provide operational support for new and existing capabilities for the PBCS application including upgrade activities, new capabilities, application definitions, integrations, and other components of the final designed solution. Maintain system documentation
4. Provide a consistent approach and communication with the broad user base to track and maintain activities for enhancements and other key functions. Provide training support as needed for technical and functional staff
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- 7+ years IT SW development and support, Hyperion, ESSBASE
- Strong functional understanding of Financial Planning and Budgeting process with experience in Business Process redesign or transformation. Ability to identify/understand user requirements in the EPM and Finance domain and convert/translate them into design specifications
- Hands on Experience in implementing using the latest versions of the Oracle Hyperion suite of products such as Hyperion Planning and Budgeting, and products like PBCS, EPBCS, PCMCS etc. Experience with integration to/from the Oracle EBS modules
- Experience with the end-to-end Hyperion EPM Implementation Application Design in both the development and administrative roles. Experience should include the modeling, architecture, and implementation of the planning model, budget templates, and business rules.
- Ability to play a role of Techno-Functional consultant to the user community with the Hyperion Planning and Budgeting application.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Essbase Spreadsheet Add-in and SmartView.
- Experience with EPM Automate to schedule and configure data load processes
- Experience configuring workflow and budget approvals.
- Should possess excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and the ability to communicate and work effectively across a diverse, distributed business user community
- Planning and Co-ordination skills to support job duties
- US Citizenship required
- PBCS, EPBCS experience including the implementation of cloud modules will be added advantage
- Essbase aggregate storage experience (ASO)
- Experience with project management
Special Working Conditions:
Occasional wekend and other after hours work may be required to complete critical project and/or operational tasks.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Gianni works on the design, modeling, and simulation of low- to high-fidelity radar projects for the lab. He also conducts tests to evaluate new technologies.
Back to top