Human Resources Business Partner - Clearance Required
Are you passionate about collaborating with others to solve challenging problems?
Do you consider yourself a change agent who likes to thinkoutside of the box?
Are you motivated by helping others to be successful?
We are seeking a highly motivated HR generalist/businesspartner to join our fast-paced, and quality-oriented team of Strategic HRPartners. We are passionate about our people, and in this role you will be onthe front line helping our leaders to create an engaging and dynamicenvironment where our staff are able to thrive in a world-class high technologyorganization.
As a Human Resources Business Partner..
- You will be a valued partner to executive and seniorleadership teams and contribute to a wide range of leadership and employeeengagement issues and opportunities. Functional areas of impact will includeorganizational development, leadership development, employee relations, HR dataanalysis, workforce planning, performance management, salary administration,rewards and recognition, training and development and facilitation.
- You will develop a thorough knowledge and understanding ofyour assigned customer organization(s), culture, unique needs, skills, anddevelopment opportunities; you'll analyze data, assess trends, "connect dots",and summarize issues and opportunities.
- You will participate in, and at times lead the design,development, and implementation of specific projects, and will regularly teamand collaborate with other HR partners to deliver impactful products andsolutions.
- You will play an active role in developing and deliveringimpactful communications that synthesize information, convey ideas and tellcompelling stories, and that summarize key conclusions and recommendations inwritten and orally presented formats to audiences at all levels.
Youmeet our minimum qualifications for the job if you have
- A Bachelor's degree with at least 7 years of progressive experience as a human resources generalist or business partner.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior leadership advising on HR matters, identifying/assessing needs, and developing and implementing end-to-end Organizational Development-type programs to support those needs.
- Broad working knowledge of both strategic and functional HR areas that relate to talent development and retention, including: talent review, change management, compensation and benefits, interviewing, employee relations, organizational development, and inclusion and diversity.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills, keen attention to detail and demonstrated results producing high quality products and services.
- Proficiency with computers and automation tools including Microsoft Excel. Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to identify and utilize data resources effectively, and provide analysis which conveys meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Exceptional communications and people interface skills.
- An active Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
- A Master's degree and/or professional HR certification(s).
- Work experience in a technical matrixed organization.
- Strong collaboration, advisory, and negotiation skills to be able to provide effective counsel, advice and work in partnership with management and staff on key matters.
- The ability to bring creative and innovative perspective to programs/projects
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top