Health Systems Innovation Lead
Summary: We are seeking an innovation lead to support design and evaluation of population health initiatives, connected health initiatives, payment models, and health care policies, as well as lead health systems research to inform clinical transformation efforts. JHUAPL is a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC. The National Health Mission Area (NHMA), within JHU/APL, seeks to revolutionize health through science and engineering in collaboration with partners, such as the Johns Hopkins Enterprise to discover, invent, scale, and disseminate solutions to health and healthcare challenges.
The Next Generation Care Delivery Group supports the NHMA by retaining technical competencies in systems engineering, software engineering, systems analysis, healthcare domain knowledge, population health management, and project management with particular application to healthcare challenges.
The successful candidate will apply best practices in project management, systems engineering and public health practice to health care environments by collaboratively leading projects to design, implement and evaluate innovative healthcare technologies, workflows and management systems to improve healthcare system reliability and outcomes.
- Lead key transformational efforts by applying best practices of health systems design, reliability engineering, and outcomes research to customer challenges.
- Direct internal and external resources by providing vision, scope definition, and technical leadership to guide the development of operational and technological solutions.
- Provide deliverables that meet customer needs, are consistent with APL quality standards, and conform to the constraints of scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage expectations, identify, mitigate and communicate project risks.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with varying levels of staff and NHMA management team.
- Support business development activities to expand or refine the scope of the programs within the National Health Mission Area. Assist or lead activities to acquire new work, which may include preparing white papers, writing proposals, and/or conducting health industry research.
- Participate in technical project reviews, promote systems engineering and project management best practices, and ensure that deliverables are furnished on-time, within budget, and according to APL technical quality standards.
- BS/MS in engineering, business, life sciences or medical degrees, population/ public health, or other equivalent technical discipline
- At least 5 years' experience leading major efforts in a health care organization or health system, working in areas such as Quality and Patient Safety Science, Healthcare.
- Delivery Science, or Health Policy Development and Systems Research.
- Experience with organizational transformation.
- A deep understanding of current challenges in health care and policy.
- Strong demonstrated skills in leadership, change management, organization learning, and planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and effectively interact with all levels of staff and management, as well as customers.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a multidisciplinary team of technical staff in building consensus and solving complex problems.
- Ability to travel to customer locations up to 40%.
Desired Qualifications :
- Advanced degrees in health care delivery or patient safety science, Public or Population Health, health care administration or related disciplines.
- Exposure to Government Health Systems and Programs.
- Experience with population health programs care delivery programs, clinical practice transformation, health policy development and health systems research, connected health initiatives and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
Special Working Conditions: This position requires the ability to travel up to 40%.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government secret clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu .
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top