The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Job Summary:Design, test, and evaluate prototype mixed-signal hardware for the intelligence community.
- Assist in the development of portable communication devices and miniature wireless systems, through board-level integration of RF and high-speed digital components, commercially available chipsets, and embedded processors. (70%)
- Support evaluation of prototype devices through lab and field testing. Perform testing of prototype and deliverable devices, including debugging and troubleshooting, often under strict time constraints. (20%)
- Contribute to the broader intelligence community tasks of the Advanced RF Capabilities group. Interface with sponsors for project planning, product development, status reports, design review, and technical capability briefings. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or physics.
- 5 years of experience in circuit design and system integration.
- Demonstrated experience in RF/analog/high-speed digital circuit design.
- Ability to work effectively in small teams.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or physics.
- Working knowledge of board layout tools such as Altium, Eagle, or Mentor.
- Familiarity with circuit and electromagnetic design software such as SPICE, ADS, and HFSS.
Special Working Conditions[Travel, working in closed areas, extended hours]:Limited travel required. Must be eligible for DOD clearance requiring background investigation and/or polygraph. Preference for current SSBI.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top