Group Administrator for Program Management Assistance Services
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking as Administrative Assistant for the Asymmetric Operations Sector’s Program Management Assistance Services Group.
Execute group operations in support of the Program Management Assistance Services Group.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative support operations to include office/facility moves, conference room, travel arrangements and meetings (reservations, clearances, authorizations, expense statements), expense reimbursements, group calendars, tracking group overhead and discretionary expenses, and ordering/maintaining office supplies. (20%)
- Serve as group resource on lab policy and procedures; establish, promulgate and maintain group administrative procedures, website and files. Prepare and review group and program correspondence for accuracy in format, grammar and punctuation. Organize and maintain group files, logs and training material. Support routing of documentation (20%)
- Assist in the maintenance and update of project descriptions and related information in support of AOS applications and activities such as Scout, TPMT, IRaD, Export Control, Technology Transfer, and Public Release (30%)
- Assist QBE Program Management Assistants with data validation and reporting in areas such as, staffing and funding. Responsible for ensuring QBE group staffing plans are current and accurate in the RMIS and to assist with staffing reconciliation. (10%)
- Serve as Group Telephone Representative and Property Administrator (5%)
- Serve as the group’s point of contact for human resource activities, such as scheduling candidate interviews and escorting candidates, ensuring successful new hire onboarding, and assisting the group leadership in tracking completion of personnel activities such as RoA’s, staff education and training, and performance coaching. (5%)
- Represent the QBE group as an active participant in Sector and Lab committees to establish, eliminate, or enhance administrative processes and procedures. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
Bachelors degree in Business Admin, Management, Communications or related business field with practical experience through business internships or similar work experience. A High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of administrative experience may be substituted. Strong computer skills using MS EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint and SharePoint. Highly organized and process oriented. Demonstrated capability to expedite. Demonstrated ability to independently analyze, summarize and make recommendations on process, procedures, and project related activities. Proven strong ability to interact with others using discretion and tact. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Current secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
Comprehensive knowledge of APL practices and procedures, travel processes, purchasing, budgetary, and security interactions. Knowledge of Asymmetric Operations Sector operations. Familiarity with and experience in dealing with AOS government sponsors, groups, and staff with a strong understanding of working with classified programs. Current TS/SCI.
Special Working Conditions:
Ability to work non-standard hours as required.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top