- Laurel, MD
Are you goal oriented? Do you like to collaborate? Are you an outstanding coworker with multiple cleaning skills in an office setting?
If so, we are seeking a dedicated and professional housekeeper with integrity and attention to detail to join our growing Housekeeping Group.
We are seeking a General Housekeeper to help us provide a clean and safe work environment for APL.
You’ll be joining a hardworking team of housekeepers who collaborate with our partners and provide an outstanding cleaning service with attention to details.
We strive to foster an environment of inclusion and partnership. As a member of our team, you will contribute to the overall success of the team and APL.
As a General Housekeeper ...
• You will perform general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping of hardwood, laminate, or tiled floors
• You will dust and polish furniture and room accessories as needed
• You will be responsible for disposing of trash and recycle content from bins and containers across the lab.
• You will sanitize sinks, basins, showers, and toilets in common area restrooms
• You will clean windows, glass surfaces, mirrors, and counters as necessary
• You will keep all public spaces neat and tidy. Report repairs and replacements when encountered during your shift.
• You will maintain all cleaning equipment, supplies, and products; ensure safe and sanitary storage of products
• You will be responsible for vacuuming, carpet cleaning, and the maintenance of the carpet equipment
• You will need to adhere to health and safety policies and lab's related practices.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
• Have a high school diploma or equivalent training and experience.
• Are physically able to push a vacuum cleaner for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 25 to 30 pounds.
• Are able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during daily routine, with the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Have a minimum of 2 years cleaning experience; additional training will be provided.
• Are organized and able to build an independent cleaning schedule.
• Are able to follow verbal and written directions in English.
• Have customer service experience
Do you have reliable transportation? It is a requirement for the position.
Are able to work evening shift (4pm to 12:30am) and/or flexible schedule?
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you …
• Have minimum 2 years experience on motorize cleaning equipment such as ride-on scrubbers, sweepers, vacuum or extractor.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers
Back to top