Fullstack Cyber Software Developer
Are you searching for meaningful software development work in cyber operations?
Are you passionate about making impact in the cyber domain?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking an energetic member to help us with hardware and software development, rapid prototyping, experimentation, cyber infrastructure development, instrumentation, integration, orchestration, penetration testing, and experimentation. You will be joining a hardworking team of engineers love to develop new experiments and capabilities. We strive to foster an environment of growth and challenging opportunities. As a member of our team, you will contribute to our cyber operations integration, systems development, and experimentation domains.
As a fullstack cyber software developer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to develop fullstack capabilities
- You will equally balance tasks in the cyber domain as well as software development
- You will integrate CI/CD, system administrative, and DevOps processes into your workflow
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Have 5 years of software development experience working with fullstack applications and 5 years of experience working in the cyber domain
- Are willing and able to perform special working conditions like travel
- Are able to ultimately obtain a Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- Eagerness to dig into technical questions and examine them from all sides
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills and very detail oriented
- Demonstrated skills in innovation and collaboration
- Keep a current understanding of vulnerabilities from the Internet
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of contemporary standards, practices, procedures and methods
- Ability to get the job done
- Excellent presentation and communications skills to effectively communicate with management and customers
- Ability to clearly articulate complex concepts both written and verbally
- Ability, understanding, and usage of active listening skills especially with customers
You'll really go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- Understand architecture, administration, and management of operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- Understanding of how the different type of firewalls and network load balancers work
- Deep understanding of how network routers and switches work
- Evaluate and design systems and network architectures
- Effective with virtualization capabilities like VMware enterprise
Platform Specific Skills
- Open Source Applications
- Linux Operating Systems
- Microsoft Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Database Modeling
- Web Application Technologies
- Compiled and Interpreted Development Languages
- Network Implementation (Operational and Security)
- Social Engineering
- Physical Security
- Examine security from a holistic view, including threat modeling, specifications, implementation, testing, and vulnerability assessment
- Understand security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- Understand Web application security concepts and practices
- Understand the architecture of systems and network including identifying the security controls in place and how they are used
- Understand database weaknesses and security best practices
- Advanced understanding of general information security concepts and principles, system architectures and development
- Expert knowledge of software development security principles, concepts, and best practices
- Ability to write tools to automate certain security tasks
- Ability to do Systems and Network hardening
- Organize and coordinate technical Vulnerability Assessments including systems and network vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, web application assessments, social engineering assessments, physical security assessments, wireless security assessments and implementing secure infrastructure solutions
- Recommend and set the technical direction for managing security incidents
- Maintain the integrity of process and approach, as well as controls, for the whole incident management process including the ability to coordinate and manage major/highly sensitive investigations with potential for business wide impact/reputational damage
- Be able to understand and forensically show how attacks from the Internet are done
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
#LI-BM1 #APL-BW1 #21117
Back to top