FMP Group Administrative Support II
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Job Summary: Provide administrative support to the Planning and Design Group (FMP), administering the Group office and all associated functions. Assist staff with a broad range of support for the management, communication, daily organization and operational functions of the group, as well as knowledge management.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
- Provide administrative support to the Group Supervisor, including calendar/schedule management, task tracking, maintaining Group organizational records, drafting correspondence, etc.; review material submitted to the Group Supervisor for signature to ensure accuracy, correctness, and completeness; and interact with sector staff as well as enterprise service department management and staff. 10%
- Provide administrative support to staff members of FMP; submit visit/clearance and contractor access requests; coordinate various meetings, conferences, and interviews, and perform other typical group functions. 15%
- Assist with administration of construction and engineering sections, including routing and reconciling drawings, submittals, RFI’s (Request For Information), O&M Manuals, shop drawings, and contractor safety program. 30%
- Assist with establishing work processes. Interface extensively with other FMD Groups and Sections (Maintenance, Renewal, Administration, Housekeeping, and Special Services) and Quality. 20%
- Assist with communications and interfacing with Howard County Department of Inspections, Licenses and Permits. Interface, coordinate, and work extensively with FMP Document Management System Administrator. 15%
- Coordinate Group activities with other Enterprise Service Departments, including BCSD (Subcontracts), Security (SECD), ITSD, and HRSD. 10%
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.Required Qualifications:
- High school degree; minimum of 5 years demonstrated performance in an administrative support position, formal education in lieu of experience will be considered.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including demonstrated ability to track, follow-through and meet deadlines; prioritize concurrent tasking with minimum supervision and adapt to evolving processes and procedures.
- Expert user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Prior experience working in construction, project management, or engineering organization.
- Advanced training in MS Office applications.
- Expert skill level in other office productivity software tools (e.g., Adobe Acrobat).
- Experience with APL unique applications (eTime, Data Warehouse, EBSS, etc.).
- Expert user of Microsoft Access and SharePoint .
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Primivera P6, Newforma, Tririga, and Maximo software suites
Special Working Conditions: Occasional use of APL vehicles.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Back to top