Financial Analyst / Financial Manager
- Laurel, MD
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to help us manage the financial operations of the Power Projection project that is managed within the National Security Analysis Department, but spans across multiple sectors across APL. You'll be joining a hardworking team of business professionals that strives to provide timely, reliable, and valuable financial analysis and business operations support and expertise to our sponsor. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with internal and external customers to play an active role in the overall financial success and operational efficiency of a multifaceted program management office.
You will have many responsibilities as a Financial Analyst within NSAD.
· Your primary responsibility will be to prepare, review and analyze financial data including performing monthly updates of project plans, highlighting financial spending and staffing trends, identifying anomalies and calculating financial projections.
· You will help manage all of the financial operations that support all the various sectors to successfully deliver financial data to government sponsors and program managers.
· You will perform a broad range of financial operations functions, including leading all efforts related to contract support, financial administration and providing sound guidance and recommendations for best practicesto leadership.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
· Have a Bachelor's degree in a field of Business (e.g. Business Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance) with 2 years of relevant experience in the areas of financial and cost analysis
· Have proven ability to be a self-starter with a high level of initiative and ability to effectively communicate with internal and external sponsors
· Highly motivated to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
· Are highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
· Hold an Active Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
· Have previous experience in DoD contracting environment
· Have working knowledge of FAR and federal government pricing procedures
· Have experience with proposal preparation and project financial reporting software
Why Work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
Back to top