The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development,located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Financial Analyst.
Provides administrative and financial support to AMDS Management Information Group, ADI. Includes activities related to financial management, subcontract requisitions, task assignment (TA) funding, task closeouts, and financial reporting requirements.
- Subcontract Coordinator: Prepares AMD Subcontract requisitions, and the Defense Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) documentation in support of subcontract requirements for AMD projects. Interacts with Subcontracts, ADI Financial Managers, Program Managers, Security, and AMD Technical Reps to ensure the information is accurate and complete.
- Prepares Task Status report to provide financial assistance in monitoring tasks funding, period of performances, burn-rates, and other discrepancies. Works closely with the ADI Section Supervisor and Financial Managers to assess financial task status updates and assist in resolving tasks related issues.
- Financial Reporting: Assist Financial Managers with preparation of financial reporting for internal/external customers, performing financial analysis identifying discrepancies, providing explanation of variances, and forecasting estimates to completion / estimates at completion.
- Assist in reconciliation of the weekly AMD MA Hi-Prob. Summary Report, maintains the TA Lookup Report and generates ad hoc reports as requested using APL Financial Business Applications.
- Task Closeout Coordinator: uploads forms to the Contract Closeout Share Point site, and works in conjunction with the Laboratory's Contract Office Point of Contact, ADI Financial Managers, and Program / Project Managers to ensure Disposition of Classified Material documentation is complete and processed in a timely manner.
B.S. degree (Business, Finance, Accounting or Management), or equivalent experience. Minimum of 3 years of business experience working in finance related environments with an emphasis on analysis of financial data and the ability to reconcile / resolve analytical discrepancies. Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). High-level proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications. Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills. Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing requirements and priorities. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers at all levels and ensure customer satisfaction; positive attitude and enthusiastic personality. Active clearance or ability to obtain one.
Comprehensive understanding/work knowledge of APL business systems (FPB, DW, RMIS,EBSS, etc.). Familiarity with Lab policies and procedures. Clearance Needed: Secret
Special Working Conditions [Travel, working in closed areas, extended hours]: N/A
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Meet Some of Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory's Employees
Lead RF Systems Engineer
Mary Ann builds prototypes and integrates software and hardware communications in order to create complete systems for APL contracts and projects. She also collaborates with her team to fix software issues.
Back to top