Facility Systems Administrator
Do you to want a job that's challenging and rewarding?
Are you looking to solving complex technical problems?
If so, we would love for you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a talented Facility System Administrator to help us build and maintain Information Systems in support of DoD programs. You'll be joining a hardworking team of System Administrators within the Advanced Concepts and Technologies group.
As a team member you will:
•Ensure facility complies with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) - Risk Management Framework (RMF) security requirements including: protection of all classified information, encryption, authentication, logging, auditing, and intrusion detection. Determine necessary computer and software configurations for compliance with security requirements. Prepare for and support periodic security inspections.
•Monitor Systems to ensure proper operation and respond to user help requests. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues. Establish new user accounts and provide technical briefing to new users. Support facility and resident classified and unclassified IT needs.
•Configure and install new Windows and Linux systems and incorporate into existing networks. Plan and execute software maintenance and upgrade tasks for servers, workstation and network software. Provide system administrator support for dedicated projects. Provide system and software configuration documentation as needed.
•Participate in planning of facility, computer hardware, and software upgrades (including purchases) in order to support user needs. Work with users to gather requirements and provide information to vendors. Work with vendors to troubleshoot technical issues and implement new capabilities.
•Maintain and upgrade network hardware and software to ensure computer systems properly interface with internal and external networks. Provide backup support for facility system administrator.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you
- Have a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree. 4 years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Have 1 years of experience working with Information Systems. Experience should include designing, building, deploying, operating, and troubleshooting Linux and/or Windows workstations and servers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Hold an active Secret security clearance with a current background investigation (within 6 years of start date) and the ability to obtain aTop Secret clearance and additional accesses in a timely manner. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Meet DoD 8570 certification requirements or obtain certification within 3 months of offer.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you
- Have a M.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree.
- Have demonstrated experience working with the following operating systems: Windows Server 2008 R2/2016, Windows 10, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6 and 7.
- Experience with security auditing and configuration management tools
- Possess MSCA, RHCE, CCNA or other relevant certifications
- Are willing and able to travel to remote field locations in support test events (less than 5%)
- Possess current TS/SCI clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to top